Associate Reality Capture Specialist
What You’ll Do:
As the Associate Reality Capture Specialist, you will be required work with the team to complete all aspects of 3D building documentation from field data collection to developing point cloud deliverables.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Assists in an overview on the project to understand the scope, the what and why, billable hours, client contact, etc.
- Prepares travel and assets for the trip based on the project scope and arrives early to ensure a successful event at the client’s location.
- Assists 3D Solution Specialist when meeting with the client to get an overview of the building(s) and to review the project for clear expectations on both sides.
- Reviews pictures/video scans of the building(s) with team based on the scope of the project and following the process to ensure the work is done well.
- Communicates back to the Project Team as needed to ensure clarity and excellence. Keeps good notes on the project for a successful process.
- Checks to ensure the pictures/video scans are being recorded, saved, and downloaded accurately, ensuring data is available for the office team to start the next steps.
- Reviews with the project lead the day to day questions/comments from the customers on the job to provide excellence in service.
- Assists in post-processing and labeling of the data to understand and learn the entire process.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Experience: 0-5 years of 3D laser scanning preferred; internship in related field a plus; will accept someone who has done land surveying.
Functional Skills: Basic computer skills with interest in 3D technology; enjoys being mobile and moving from job to job; able to follow a defined process; demonstrates a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness on the job; makes suggestions where they see areas to enhance.
Technology Aptitude/Skills: Understanding of Microsoft; familiar with FARO Scene and LAICA; Cyclone tools would be a plus; Autodesk recap knowledge is also helpful.
Language Skills: Basic verbal and written communication skills to work with the team and clients.
Leadership/Behaviors: Customer focused; professional, positive demeanor, polite and kind; can listen, influence, and respond on solutions; can work independently and with teams at the client sites and business locations; uses logic to make sound and timely decisions and judgments; high attention to quality and safety.
Culture Match Behaviors: Accountable, collaborative, humble to learn and grow, high integrity and attention to detail, and can understand and work well with others; entrepreneurial mindset to prioritize the work in the best way possible; reliable, flexible, and adaptable to ensure successful outcomes.