PrecisionPoint services are ideal for projects like:
- Renovating and maintaining existing buildings and structures (both exterior and interior).
- Establishing accurate as-built BIMs and documentation for facility elements like:
- Structural and architectural components
- HVAC/Mechanical assets
- Electrical equipment and conduit
- Material handling systems
- Baggage handling systems
- Manufacturing assembly line assets
- Process equipment and piping
- Underground utilities and infrastructure
- Creating accurate and finely detailed facility plans.
- Generating permanent digital records for historical preservation sites.
- Creating complete and accurate high definition visualizations of pre-design site conditions.
- Conducting forensic evaluations.
3D laser scanning is used to rapidly and accurately capture the built environment. PrecisionPoint offers the following 3D scanning solutions:
- As-built surveys
- Existing conditions surveys
- Reality Capture of existing conditions
- Scan–to–BIM (Building Information Modeling)
- Scan-to-CAD Plan (Architectural Floor Plans and Elevations)
- Construction verification
- Construction progress documentation
- 3D clash detection & overhead clearances
- Volumetric surveys
- Wall & Floor deviation mapping
- Photo realistic Digital Twins
- Enterprise SaaS 360° Virtual Walkthroughs
- Factory Floor Layout & Optimization
- Architectural & Historical Preservation Documentation
- Virtual Design & Construction (VDC)
- Face it we live in a world where speed is everything and that is true for Reality Capture services. From its inception, 3D laser scanner was built on that premise and to this day speed continues to be the metric by which 3D scanning solutions are measured. Our RapidScan mobile mapping solution can 3d scan in full HD up to 250,000 square footage of building interior in a standard 8 hour day.
- Even with our RapidScan solution, we can still deliver survey grade point clouds. For higher accuracy project specifications we have been providing high accuracy dimensionally controlled point clouds for 12 years.
- Scanning services have never been more affordable. RapidScan’s speed and efficiency has leveled the playing field for access to scanning services.
- Worker safety is paramount for any construction project. Scanners can be operated at a safe distance up to several hundred meters without sacrificing accuracy. This allows for virtual inspection and measurement verification without exposing operators to risky conditions.
- Less Disruptive. Because 3D scanning is a non-contact high speed measuring technology active facilities can be successfully laser scanned without shutting downs operations or disrupting occupants.
- The ability to scan multiple sites in shorter time frames has never been more available.
This is the most common question we get asked and we understand. However, the short answer is its likely more affordable than you realized. With thousands of successful reality capture projects under our belt combined with our RapidScan mobile mapping solution we can scan your project for pennies per square foot.
Range of 3D Laser Scanning Prices: (Excludes travel, 3D/2D Modeling, 360 Image Hosting)
Small projects under 25,000 SF: $1,500
Medium projects between 25,000SF to 100,000SF: $1,500 to 3,500
Larger size projects between 100,000SF to 250,000 SF: $3,500 to $8,000
Very large projects: 250,000 to 1,000,000+ $8,000+
With PrecisionPoint 3D Scan-to-BIM Services, AECO Professionals Can More Effectively:
- Modify: Swap out items in the scanned virtual environment to determine how assets will fit before construction to avoid field changes and cost overruns.
- Validate: Compare accurate as-built conditions of a construction project with the as-designed model to increase quality control.
- Document: Take scans of structural and MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) systems before wall finishes are installed in order to enable easy identification and locations of elements hidden inside walls. The 3D image of what's inside the wall can be easily measured for precision location to support ongoing maintenance and renovation.
- Collaborate: Share scan images and interact with dimensionally accurate virtual environments online using standard web browsers on a computer or tablet. Scan data can be securely hosted on a dedicated server or in the cloud, eliminating the need to install special viewing software.
- Construct: Easily create intelligent data from point clouds to support clash detection during documentation coordination. This precision approach to construction saves time and reduces costs by ensuring assets will fit in their designated spaces before reaching the construction site.
PrecisionPoint Clients Most Often Report the Following ROI Benefits:
- Reducing costs by improving accuracy and minimizing waste and rework.
- Shortening project schedules by decreasing site disruptions.
- Improving efficiency by maintaining existing workflows using compatible mainstream CAD and BIM modeling and design solutions like AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Revit.
- Maximizing information investments by leveraging measurable data that can be used and reused throughout the facility lifecycle.