Field Surveyor – 3D Technology
This role is located in Indianapolis, IN or the Midwest Region.
Want to continue to grow and enhance your career within a national, innovative, and growing 3D indoor mapping business? Do you strive to achieve high performance and enjoy making a positive impact, where integrity and excellence are valued and where you can take your career to the next level?
Then, PrecisionPoint has a place for you!
Who We Are:
PrecisionPoint, Inc. (PPI) was founded on the principle that there was a better, more efficient approach to measuring and documenting existing buildings for renovation and management. In our 10th year of business, we continue to innovate and “wow” our clients with our 3D digital building solutions. With project experience throughout North America, we are proud and honored to have worked for some of the nation’s most well-known and admired companies providing turnkey “3D digital twins” of their building assets and infrastructure.
Want to put those application and software user skills to work in a creative way that builds the business and your career? Then, come join us and make a difference in our 3D world!
Our Mission: Creating Digital Twins that provide a cloud-based SaaS digital building that let stakeholders interact and explore their facility in a realistic fully immersive 3D experience as if they are on site.
What We Offer:
- New exciting mobile and wearable 3D indoor mapping technology!
- Innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- Retirement Program with Employer Match!
- Best practice Paid Time Off policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
What You’ll Do:
As the Field Surveyor, you will manage the onsite scanning processes of client buildings, ensuring the project scope, budget, timelines and overall business & client goals are met.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- You will train and develop your team and document workflows and best practices.
- You will participate in an overview of the project to understand the scope, the what and why, billable hours, client contact, etc.
- You will prepare travel and assets for the trip based on the project scope and arrive early to ensure a successful event at the client’s location.
- You will meet with the client to get an overview of the building(s) and to review the project for clear expectations on both sides.
- You will take pictures/video scans of the building(s) based on the scope of the project and following the process to ensure the work is done well.
- You will communicate back to the Project Team as needed to ensure clarity and Keeps good notes on the project for a successful process.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience: 1+ years of 3D laser scanning preferred; will accept someone who has land surveying experience.
- Certification(s): n/a
- Functional Skills: Strong computer skills with an interest in 3D technology; enjoys being mobile and moving from job to job; able to follow a defined process; makes suggestions where they see areas to enhance.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Experience operating Faro, Leica, NavVis, or Matterport 3D laser scanners would be a plus.
- Language Skills: Solid verbal and basic written communication skills to work with the team and clients.
- Leadership/ Behaviors: Customer-focused; professional, polite and kind; can work independently and with teams at the client sites and business locations; high attention to quality and safety.
- Culture Match: Accountable, collaborative, humble to learn and grow, high integrity and attention to detail, and can understand and work well with others; entrepreneurial mindset to prioritize the work in the best way possible; reliable, flexible, and adaptable to ensure successful outcomes.
Other Important Information:
- Pay/Salary: Pay is commensurate with proven expertise. The compensation will grow as the team member grows!
- Reports To: Director of Operations
- Core Hours: 8am – 5pm (schedule can be flexible; will work approx. 8 – 9 hours within this timeframe)
- Typical Work Week: M-F; occasional weekend work and overnights; 45-50 hours a week on average
- Direct Reports: None
- Travel: Approximately 50-70% to client locations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer