Sr. Project Manager
This role is located in the Midwest Region.
Want to continue to grow and enhance your career within a national, innovative, and growing 3D indoor mapping business? Do you strive to achieve high performance and enjoy making a positive impact, where integrity and excellence is valued and where you can take your career to the next level?
Then, PrecisionPoint has a place for you!
Who We Are:
PrecisionPoint, Inc. (PPI) was founded on the principle that there was a better, more efficient approach to measuring and documenting existing buildings for renovation and management. In our 10th year of business, we continue to innovate and “wow” our clients with our 3D digital building solutions. With project experience throughout North America, we are proud and honored to have worked for some of the nation’s most well-known and admired companies providing turnkey “3D digital twins” of their building assets and infrastructure.
Want to put those application and software user skills to work in a creative way that builds the business and your career? Then, come join us and make a difference in our 3D world!
Our Mission: Creating Digital Twins that provide a cloud-based SaaS digital building that lets stakeholders interact and explore their facility in a realistic fully immersive 3D experience as if they are on site.
What We Offer:
- New exciting mobile and wearable 3D indoor mapping technology!
- Innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- Retirement Program with Employer Match!
- Best practice Paid Time Off policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
What You’ll Do:
As the Sr. Project Manager, you will manage the project from start to finish to ensure it meets the project scope, budget, schedule, and profitability goals.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- You will interact and develop trust with our customers to gain a sufficient understanding of their project scope of work and details.
- You will develop, organize, and execute the project plans and flow to ensure it is in line with the scope of the project sold, the budget, and the schedule.
- You will provide project estimates to the Sales Department based on the scope of the project, ensuring accuracy to meet sales and profit goals.
- You will review the final approved Project Scope with the customer to ensure clear expectations on the process, dates, and delivery.
- You will create a project team and review the overall scope, budgeted hours, and deadlines to ensure the team understands and can meet the expectations.
- You will manage the project scope, timelines, and budget to ensure all customer and business goals are achieved.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, or Computer Science or similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience: 5+ years of technical project management and mentoring skills Familiarity with Linux Environments.
- Certification(s): Project Management Certification would be a plus.
- Functional Skills: Excellent project, process, and time management skills; ability to multi-task with strong attention to details and excellent follow through to ensure successful projects every Ability to think conceptually to manipulate the software data to meet the project scope; excellent resource management, P&L accountability, and strong business/problem-solving skills to manage projects to the goals.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Excellent Microsoft, Gantt Chart, and software skills, preferably using Linux and virtual servers on Amazon, along with AWS cloud services and API (Application Program Interfaces); training will be provided on the current processes and software used.
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present well and collaborate with clients.
- Leadership/ Behaviors: Customer-focused; professional, can mentor and influence others to meet project goals; steady yet assertive to move projects forward; innovative with excellent collaboration skills to create enhancements; high attention to quality and safety.
- Culture Match: Accountable, collaborative, humble to learn and grow, high integrity and attention to detail, and can understand and work well with others; entrepreneurial mindset to prioritize the work in the best way possible; reliable, flexible, and adaptable to ensure successful outcomes.
Other Important Information:
- Pay/Salary: Pay is commensurate with proven expertise. The compensation will grow as the team member grows!
- Reports To: Director of Operations
- Core Hours: 8am – 5pm (schedule can be flexible; will work approx. 8 – 9 hours within this timeframe)
- Typical Work Week: M-F; occasional weekend work; 45 hours a week on average
- Direct Reports: 2
- Travel: Approximately 25-50% to client locations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.